THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, February 13, 2011

A Rainbow Notebook and....well...HARD LIKE HEROIC, MORE THAN YOU CAN HANDLE

So, I know I said I'd post pictures and stuff when I finished that notebook I said I was gonna try to make.
Long story short: I have yet to make that one, but I made a different one. Not with coffee-stained pages; a rainbow one.
Obviously it isn't perfect - considering I went into it without any remote type of directions or actual plan. That said, I posted a collage-type picture and some wordage on >my deviantART page< earlier. Thought I'd just repost it here, so here it is; 
---------------------------------------------------------


SO. After :icondruidchickz: started making and uploading her own journals, I decided I had to try my hand at it as well. [And therefore, she is what inspired this; as clarification. Massively talented artist, really cool person, and I suggest you go check out her stuff.]

She made her own by taking an old or damaged book, removing it's pages, decorating her own, tying them in, and redecorating the covers. She's come up with some fantastic, really gorgeous journals by doing this.
I, on the other hand, didn't have any old books around. I decided that wasn't enough to stop me from trying it, and so mine is made entirely from scratch.
Basic process;
The pages are simply white printer paper, cut in half and painted on both sides with watercolor paints. Those were pretty simple.
I wasn't sure how I was going to make the cover, but after flinging a few ideas around, I went with a simple method: I had a piece of fairly thick, sturdy cardboard lying around. I cut two pieces to fit the pages, slightly overlapping them.
Just about the hardest part of this, I think, was finding out how to put holes in the cardboard so I could tie it them and the pages together. [The cardboard was just slightly too thick for my hole puncher.] I wound up taking a pen and piercing the cardboard. Took quite a while and some muscle, but it worked.
I then covered the cardboard with a sheet of white tissue paper, gluing the paper to the board. I went a little further, dying two more sheets of paper rainbow-colored and decorating them [the little dots on them are all individually-glued on; I used the extra paper that was punched out for holes], and gluing them to each of the inside covers.
It's all held together by simple lavender gift-wrapping ribbon. [I found it the simplest method; idea again taken from :icondruidchickz: She seems to have used ribbon like this to tie the pages to the books in at least one of her journals.]
I decorated the covers with more water colors; penciling patterns, drawing over them with pens, and then taking the paint to them.
The quote on the front is "Everything has it's beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
I'm filling the journal with some of my favorite quotes.

And that's that. :P
I plan on making some more; Next probably will be what I thought I'd make first, but didn't, including the pages I previously coffee-stained.
---------------------------------------------------------
And there it is.
I'm sure I'll post something similar when I get the coffee stained one finished - no guarantees when that'll be, but in the meantime....
>Some epic WoW nonsense<

0 comments: